Umbrella insurance is for you if you have any items of value. If you are sued for a situation that occurred on or in your property that resulted in an injury, umbrella insurance helps with legal expenses and protects you if you lose your case. We offer a variety of insurance options at Runnels Insurance. Here is what you need to know about umbrella insurance.
Umbrella Insurance Coverage for Brandon, FL Residents
How Does Umbrella Insurance Help Protect Your Assets?
Umbrella insurance helps protect your assets by:
- Providing extra coverage when your insurance policies for auto, homeowners, and boat coverage limits are exceeded
- Providing extra coverage for claims that are not covered by liability policies
What Are the Specific Umbrella Coverages for Florida Residents?
Umbrella insurance coverage is for:
- Personal liability situations
- Property damage
Umbrella Policy Coverages
Bodily Injury Liability
Bodily injury liability covers:
- An at-fault accident that results in a severe injury
- Dog attack accidents when your dog is at fault
- A guest falls in your home
- A neighbor’s child(ren) is injured while playing on your property
Property Damage Liability
Property damage liability covers:
- The cost of damage to someone’s tangible property
- The loss of someone’s tangible property
Rental Property Damage for Property Owners
Property owners can face a variety of liability situations, and umbrella insurance helps with the liability costs of someone suing you due to:
- Someone injuring themselves due to a damaged sidewalk of your rental property
- Your tenant’s dog biting someone and you, the landlord, are held responsible for the damages
Other Situations an Umbrella Policy Can Cover
Other situations an umbrella policy can cover include:
- False arrest
- Malicious prosecution
- Shock/Mental anguish
How Can Runnels Insurance in Brandon, FL Help?
Runnels Insurance provides a variety of insurance coverages, including insurance for your condo, home, auto, flood, life, and umbrella insurance. We take pride in providing excellent service and putting our customers first. Contact us today to learn more about our insurance coverage options.