Boat Insurance in Brandon, FL
Florida leads the nation in boating accidents, which is why at Runnels Insurance; we strive to find you the best boat insurance. Brandon, FL residents, as well as those in the greater Tampa area including Valrico, Riverview, Lithia, Plant City, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater, can explore the many options we have available and receive a boat insurance quote to decide what would work best for their budget and situation. Interested parties can request a quote by filling out the form above. We are a member of the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA) and work with preferred providers like Safeco, Progressive, and MetLife to offer a wide selection of coverage plans.
Boat insurance is not required in the state of Florida. However, with the amount of accidents reported each year, the reason to have coverage is clear. In 2012, the United States Coast Guard reported a total of 4,515 boating accidents, 13% of those ending in fatalities. In Florida, the rate of boat accidents is estimated to be one in every 1,018 boats registered in every county.
Why You Should Have Boat Insurance
Paying for accidents out of pocket can be very costly. Fuel spills are accidents that occur often, and if your boat is the cause of one, you could be held responsible to pay for the cleanup. Also, non-contact accidents may have you paying for damage to another boat when the wake of yours causes it to capsize. Having boat insurance can't stop these situations from happening, but they can help you cover the costs if they do.
Types Of Coverage
We provide coverage for your customer’s specific needs with policy options like:
- Total Loss Replacement - replaces insured’s boat with a brand new one of similar make and quality.
- Disappearing Deductibles - reduces the deductible by 25 percent at each claim free renewal.
- Replacement Cost Fishing Equipment - up to $10,000 for tackle, rods, and reels.
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects - protects the insured’s personal items including cameras, clothes, cell phones, etc.
- Roadside Assistance - covers trailer and tow vehicle.
- Emergency Towing and Labor - provides on-water towing service.
- Wreckage Removal Coverage
- Property Damage Liability - includes coverage for fuel spill cleanup.
- Medical Payments - includes coverage for water-skiers.
The coverage you receive will depend on the type of policy you have chosen. It will cover against any liability or damage in the event of an accident, and machinery, furnishings, sails, hull, and most on-board equipment are typically taken care of under physical damage. Homeowners insurance may not cover your particular watercraft stored at home. Therefore, you may need to look into policies that cover at home storage. These policies can also help cover accidents that occur should you store away from home.
Each policy is different, so those looking for good insurance need to read the details of a policy carefully. You will feel confident working with the honest agents at Runnels Insurance as they help guide you through the process of choosing the correct policy for boat insurance. Brandon, FL and Tampa, FL residents can rest easy knowing we are insuring your world, one policy at a time.